New Year, New Coverage
2022 Insurance Tips from Heritage Companies
If you enrolled or changed benefits by December 15th, your 2022 coverage began on January 1st. You might be wondering, what now? Heritage can help. We care about ensuring that employees understand their benefits and insurance plan – check out our necessary tips on employee benefits:
- Make sure you have received hard copies of any new insurance ID cards
- If you have changed insurance companies or provider networks – be sure your providers are participating providers with your new plan or network (Hint: do this BEFORE your next visit(s)!
- Make sure your usual pharmacy is in your network.
- Set up your online member access to your various benefit accounts/portals. You never know when you might need access to information after hours. (Check to see if your plan has an app for added convenience.)
- Review your coverage to be certain you understand your coverage before you need it. Ask questions if you are unsure about anything.
- Take a picture (front/back) of your insurance card in the event you lose your card and need the information before a replacement can arrive.
- Does your plan offer any additional free member perks or resources? Many plans these days offer access to some member discounts or ways to earn reward points.
We use Heritage Companies for our company benefits since 2009 and I would never work with anyone else! Their staff is very knowledgeable. They shop the rates around to give you the best solution for your company. They offer an amazing HR management system for smaller companies which has been a tremendous help to us since we don’t have a full-time HR manager. This company goes above and beyond in customer service!
– Amy Driver, President/CEO of Digital Division